Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Saif not a superhero in my film - Milan Luthria






Milan Luthria denies reports that Saif Ali Khan will be seen as a superhero in his next directorial venture, and adds that people have misinterpreted him. 


"No, it's not a superhero film. Saif is not playing a superhero in my film. People have misinterpreted me and come to the conclusion that I am making a same film like everyone else. All I can say is that it's an entertaining film with a twist," Luthria told IANS. 


"The film has all the elements of fantasy. When you have a very good script, it becomes difficult to put it into a particular slot or genre," he added. 


Producer by Bhushan Kumar, the film is yet-to-be-titled. 


Describing Saif's role in the film, Luthria said that "Saif will be seen playing a role that he has never tried before", and added that "even he is trying something that I have not attempted before." 


"I have a fantasy element in my film and that's my trump card. In many ways, I can say that it's a very Manmohan Desai kind of a film," he added. 


Luthria earlier worked with Saif in his 1999 directorial debut Kachche Dhaage and says Saif has proved his versatility over the years. 


"Saif has been proving himself in new ways, be it Dil Chahta Hai, Race, Love Aaj Kal, Ek Hasina Thi or anything else. He has proved his versatility." 


"There is a lot of excitement with this film. When we first worked together, that time he was a little raw and I was new. Now we are meeting when we both are at the top," he added. 


The director, who is making films for more than a decade, says it is difficult to put a good script into a particular genre. 


He explained it by saying that when he was making Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, he was "fed up of listening to people say that I am making a film on gangster. I believe it was an entertaining film." 


Talking about Saif starrer, he said: "The film has romance, action and emotion - everything in it. When a best film comes out in our country, it is difficult to phrase it or label it or put it in a particular genre." 


Luthria says the leading lady is not yet finalised. 


"It's a very interesting character for the leading lady. I am keen to cast a few actresses, but can't talk much about them right now." 


Thanks to the success of his Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai and The Dirty Picture, many top notch actors are keen to work with him. 


Commenting on that, he said: "I am glad that many top actors of our country are keen to work with me and I will not let this opportunity go." 


Apart from Saif starrer, Luthria is also wielding the megaphone for Once Upon a Time Again, which stars Akshay Kumar, Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha.


source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Saif-not-playing-superhero-in-my-film-Luthria/articleshow/14297638.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment